Mt.Fuji, a hawk and an eggplant

Monday, August 14, 2006

HANA-BI (Fireworks)


Today, I watched an animation movie "Brave story" with my friend.

The picture was so beautiful. I enjoyed it.
But the story was not special ... something like role-playing game....

After the movie, we ate Sushi. It was delicious.

Then, we watched the fireworks. It was fantastic.

Fireworks is one of the symbol of summer in Japan. Because there are many firework displays in July and August.
The girls wear "Yukata" - a kind of "Kimono". They look so beautiful and pretty. I love it ;).

BTW, if you've not watched "HANA-BI" by Takeshi Kitano, check it out!
It's a very sad, but beautiful story.... one of the best movie which I watched.

5 Comments:

  • Have you also seen the last Ghibli, ゲド戦記 ? I've read it's the first work of Miyazaki Hayao's son, and I wonder if it's as good as previous Ghibli's works.

    And I agree with you, pretty girls in yukata, 超かわいい ;).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:06 AM  

  • I've not seen Gedo yet.
    Many blogs and bbs estimate the rank low. So I chose "Brave Story" first.

    On the other hand, "Toki wo kakeru Shoujo" is estimated high. So I'm interested in the movie now.

    http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/tokikake/

    By Blogger Masao, at 10:18 PM  

  • About GedoSenki(by the original author in English):

    http://www.ursulakleguin.com/GedoSenkiResponse.html

    By Blogger Masao, at 10:27 PM  

  • I know I am very late... but I watched yesterday ハウルの動く城 (Hauru no ugoku shiro), and it was great!

    I looked for HANA-BI in my video club without success :/ I will see if I can get a copy in another way :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 AM  

  • Hauru - The picture was beautiful.

    BTW, my best movie by Hayao Miyaki is Lupin III - The Castle of Cagliostro ;).

    By Blogger Masao, at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home