Mt.Fuji, a hawk and an eggplant

Monday, April 17, 2006

Butler cafe

"Maid cafe" has started at Akihabara and become popular and spread in Japan. There are Waitress who cosplayed maid(anime, manga style girls) ... and almost of all gests are OTAKU guys and a few tourists ... OMG!
It's hard to understand why this kind of cafe become so popular with my old-style brain, but an article of asahi.com today surprise me again. It's reported about new style cafe - "Shitsuji-Kissa(Butler cafe)".

Yes, you may imagine it easily if you understand about maid cafe once.
It's the cafe opposite version from Maid. Butlers serve dishes.
However, the gests aren't OTAKUs, but young ladies!

The article says, the cafe owner recruits men over 60 years old as a butler.
Oh, I need to wait over 20 years to work there. I hope it will become popular, too ;).

2 Comments:

  • In the Densha Otoko drama there was maid cafes but I thought it was a joke. Did not think it was real, this is incredible.
    This is definitely something that you can not find outside I guess... if I was there as tourist I would went there for sure :-)
    About Butler cafes, well... I will ask my girlfriend if being served by a 60 old man is exciting or not (and I hope it is not) :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

  • I hope it's joke ... but true.
    I and my friends are interested in that cafes, but we don't have a braveness to go there yet ;).

    I hope your girl friend have a good choice ;).

    By Blogger Masao, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home