Mt.Fuji, a hawk and an eggplant

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fancy erasers


When I was in an elementary school, "super car" erasers were popular among boys.
We collected them and exchange our collection each other, though no one used them as erasers ;).

Now, the fancy erasers have been evolved. Yes, this picture is an eraser!
Iwako factory is a company specialized to produce fancy erasers.
I think this is one of the new category of the art. They are so cute ;).

If you're interested in it, check the anchors below:
Cake, Cake2, Cake3, Cake4, Foods, Foods2, Vegitables, Japanese sweets, Chinese foods, Milks, Instant noodles, Flogs and ducks, Animals, Dogs, Flower and cookwares, balls and toys, stationery

I don't know why ... but there are so many variations of foods :).
I'm afraid children eat these erasers.

6 Comments:

  • Amazing, yeah I used to have lots of different erasers at elementary school too, but the models have definitely improved!
    I wonder when they will come in Europe schools, maybe in 4 or 5 years :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 AM  

  • Do you think these japanese funcy/funny goods have a chance to succeed in Europe?
    Are there demand of such goods?

    By Blogger Masao, at 5:36 PM  

  • Oh yes you know children (and young adult as me :-)) here love all Japanese stuff, starting with toys, anime/manga (translated in French), etc...
    European culture is different of course, I would say less 'extravagant' (though I hate saying this kind of generalist stuff). But what people call the 'Japanese invasion' started ~30 years ago in Europe, with animes/mangas. My father used to watch UFO Robot Grendizer (Goldorak in French) when he was kind of adult (this anime was a great success here), and now almost all the younger generation like me is used to it.
    I would bet that these erasers to be a great success in younger schools :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:33 PM  

  • from my girlfriend, when looking to the erasers pages: "I want one!!!"

    ...

    what did I say :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:33 AM  

  • Nya... Yes i want one!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 AM  

  • lrz:
    Really? I may find new business chance here... ;).

    Grendizer ... it's very old anime.
    Actually I watched it, but I forgot the story because I was too young ;)
    According Japanese Wikipedia, Grendizer is famous in France/Itary rather than in Japan.

    stef:
    Welcome to this blog ;).
    I'll introduce other stuffs frequently, so keep to check here, please.

    By Blogger Masao, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home