Mt.Fuji, a hawk and an eggplant

Sunday, November 19, 2006

[tech] Wii for All

The video is an commercial for Nintendo Wii in U.S..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cPVP_llfo

The background music is the song of Yoshida brothers.
They play Shamisens which is one of the Japanese traditional stringed instrument.

Recently, I watched both of Wii and PS3.
Wii seems nice. Especially the controller is unique.
PS3 is expensive, but the movie was so beautiful.

Which game console do you like ?

P.S.
A month ago, I presented Nintendo DS Lite to my mother a birthday, because her requested.
She wanted to play "Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day!".
She said she wanted to train her brain.... because she is 60 years old :-).
I thought it's great thing that every generation people are interested in a game console.

4 Comments:

  • The Wii seems great. I would really like to try Zelda and Metroid.

    For the PS3 I think it's best to wait at least one year because there aren't many games for the moment (and it's too expensive).

    And I don't have any real interest in the XBox 360. But well I'm not the only one: in Japan the XBox 360 is much cheaper than in the other countries and the sales are horrible compared to the other consoles.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

  • Ah, yes. XBox360 is cheaper than others. Because common people (except heavy gamers) don't have any interest to XBox 360.
    Actually, I've not thought to compare it with Wii and PS3 :-).

    And I agree it may be better to choose Wii just now. hmm...

    By Blogger Masao, at 11:25 PM  

  • My favorite console is... SNES (Super Famicom)!

    But speaking about recent consoles, I am definitely looking forward the Wii. It's sad to say but only Nintendo is able to innovate now. Mostly all video games look very similar in term of graphics and gameplay, but Nintendo keeps improving and they are able to propose games featuring new gameplay each time, and sometimes by using some very basic hardware.So I would say: Wii!

    PS: The DS is also very good, I love the small games. Again, it's really innovating. I tried the Brain Age game, it said me that I have an old brain (so your mother will beat me for sure :)).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:41 AM  

  • Yeah, SNES was good ;).

    And I think Nintendo is great, too.

    BTW, I have old an brain, too. I may need to train it :)

    By Blogger Masao, at 2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home